Variety performance of field peas is tested at multiple locations throughout Manitoba every year. The purpose of variety performance testing is to provide Manitoba farmers and agronomists with independent information on yield and agronomic characteristics. The information is summarized in the guides below and designed to help select the best varieties suited to each farm and growing region in Manitoba. For field peas, information is available on yield, maturity and other important agronomic and quality traits specific to each crop.
Contents of these publications can only be reproduced with permission from MPSG.
- 2017 Pulse & Soybean Variety Evaluation Guide
- 2016 Pulse & Soybean Variety Evaluation Guide
- 2015 Pulse & Soybean Variety Evaluation Guide
- 2014 Pulse & Soybean Variety Evaluation Guide
- 2013 Pulse & Soybean Variety Evaluation Guide
2018 Variety Market Share Summary
Manitoba Pulse & Soybean Growers would like to thank the following organizations who assist with organizing, establishing and managing the crop variety evaluations:
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Cereal Research Centre
- Manitoba Agriculture
- Manitoba Crop Variety Evaluation Team (MCVET)
- Prairies East Sustainable Agriculture Initiative (PESAI)
- Westman Agriculture Development Organization (WADO)
- Canada-Manitoba Crop Diversification Centres (CMCDC)
- Parkland Crop Diversification Foundation (PCDF)
- New Era Ag
- Murphy et al Inc.