2 pounds (20) red bliss potatoes
1/2 pound dry Blackeyes
1/2 pound dry Black beans
2 cups yogurt
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 bunch cilantro
2 tablespoons cumin
2 tablespoon chives
Salt and pepper
1 red pepper, diced
1 jalapeño, minced
1. Peel and dice red bliss potatoes into small cubes. Boil until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
2. Cook Blackeyes and Black beans until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
3. Mix together the yogurt, buttermilk, cilantro, cumin, chives, salt and pepper.
4. Toss potatoes, Blackeye, beans, red pepper, and jalapeño with the dressing. Chill and adjust seasonings.
YIELD: 24 side servings (1/2 cup each)
NUTRIENT INFORMATION PER SERVING: Calories: 107.17; Fat: 0.59g; Protein: 6.61g; Total Fiber: 5.41g; Cholesterol: 1.06mg; Calcium: 69.94mg; Iron: 1.62mg; Sodium: 37.47mg; Carbohydrates: 19.58g
– See more at: http://beaninstitute.com/texas-caviar-with-potatoes/#sthash.2dGgJQvv.dpuf