- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) broccoli florets
- 1 can (540 mL) cannellini beans or white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded old Cheddar cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 9 cups (2.1 L) vegetable crudites, (baby carrots, celery, sweet pepper)
- 3 whole grain Greek-style pitas, cut in wedges
In saucepan of boiling salted water, cover and cook broccoli until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain and chill in cold water; drain well. Transfer to food processor.
Add beans, Cheddar cheese, garlic, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; purée until smooth.
To take along, divide dip, vegetables and pitas among resealable containers.