Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /srv/users/mpsg/apps/manitoba-pulse/public/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
- 1/2 lb pinto or white beans, soaked overnight in water
- 1 can “no salt added” tomato sauce (15oz)
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce or gluten-free soy sauce (45g)
- 1 3/4 cup water or vegetable broth (420g)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (30g)
- 2 tsp minced garlic (10g)
- 1 tbsp molasses (blackstrap or regular) (15g)
- 1/8 tsp pure stevia extract, or 4 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
1. Drain and rinse the beans.
2. Lightly grease a crockpot (approx 4 quarts), then add all ingredients. Cover with the lid, and cook on high 7 hours or until beans are soft.
3. Turning off the crockpot, but keeping the lid closed, let sit 1 hour.
Serve immediately, or transfer to a container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. If reheating, add a little water (up to 1/2 cup for the entire recipe) and stir, then heat. Yields about 3 1/2 cups.
Recipe Courtesy of bloglovin.com