- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 cup lentil puree
- 2 (room temperature) large eggs
- 2/3 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup (not blackstrap) molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Place rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Generously grease standard 12- cup nonstick muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together rice flour blend, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, xanthan gum and salt until well blended. Add the lentil purée, eggs, brown sugar, oil, molasses, vanilla and vinegar and beat with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Divide batter evenly in muffin pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Recipe Courtesy of Pulse Canada.