½ cup berry sugar
1¼ cup black bean flour
⅓ cup cocoa powder
2 tbsp orange zest
¼ cup dried cranberries
⅓ cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla together for 3 minutes, or until thick, pale and increased in volume.
- Add the orange zest and mix in. Stir in the bean flour and cocoa powder with a wooden spoon and mix until almost combined. Add the orange zest, dried cranberries, almonds and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture in half and shape into 2 logs about 6–8inches long. Place on the prepared tray and flatten slightly to make log 1 ½ inches thick. Bake for 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Cut the logs on the diagonal into slices about ½ – ⅓ inch thick. Spread out in a single layer onto cookie sheets and bake, turning once, for 20–25 minutes. Transfer biscotti to wire racks to cool completely before serving. They can be stored in airtight container for up to 1 month. Biscotti can be stored for longer when kept in the freezer.