Soybean Management and Research Transfer (SMART) Day is a full-day educational event for farmers and agronomists to sharpen their soybean management skills. Attendees will tour agronomic research plots, learn how results can be applied to their farm and interact with researchers and production specialists.
Tuesday, July 23 at the Ian N. Morrison Research Farm, Carman
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. | Lunch provided
8:30 a.m. Registration
Topics for 2019:
- Incorporating Soybeans and Pulses into Manitoba Crop Rotations
- Emerging Diseases in Soybeans and Pulses
- Integrated Weed Management for Soybeans and Novel Weed Control Tools
- Cover Cropping and Building Soil Health in Manitoba
- On-Farm Network Research Results
- Inoculation: double vs. single vs. none, seed treatments, plant population and more
Pre-registration is required. The deadline to register is July 19.
Registration is free for farmers in good standing with MPSG. Non-member/agronomist fee is $50.
4.5 CCA/CEU credits available in the areas of nutrient management (1.0), soil and water management (1.0), integrated pest management (1.5) and crop management (1.0)!