With concerns over cash flow and market access for crop commodities, the Farm Management Team with Manitoba Agriculture have put together the following list of resources that could be used by producer applying for a cash advance or concerned/interested about financial management and risks. The Farm Management Team focused on resources that could assist with increased loan exposure from a production / financial management / and risk management perspectives.
If you are looking for a list of Farm Management Specialists, they can be found here.
Manitoba Agriculture has many other resources available on their webpages here.
- FarmPlan – farm financial and production planning tool workbook
- FarmPlan – analyzing a farm business
- Ratio Plan – quick ratio calculator
- Expanding Your Farm Team – forming a farm advisory board with an accountant, lawyer, financial planner and lender
- Ag Action Manitoba Training and Consulting program – initial professional consulting services for farm transition, human resource and risk management awareness (funding capped at $500). 50:50 cost share for eligible producers.
- Cost of Production – Crops budgeting
- CropPlan – Production Cost, Marketing, and Management Calculator
- RentPlan – crop land rental rate calculator
Business Risk Management
- AgriInvest – helps cover small margin declines
- AgriStability – assists in cases of large margin declines caused by circumstances such as low prices and rising input costs.