Manitoba Pulse & Soybean Growers (MPSG) is the non-profit commodity organization representing over 3,800 farmers in Manitoba who grow soybeans, edible beans, peas and faba beans. Research and production are key focus areas that have expanded significantly in the past two years. We are looking for an Agronomy Engagement Intern to engage and inform industry stakeholders and farmers about our new activities and initiatives. This position is an exciting summer opportunity for a student looking to gain experience in the agricultural industry, specifically soybeans, and build networking skills and exposure to all aspects of a farmer-run organization.
Specific activities will include:
– Developing and executing communication and promotion strategies to ensure organization materials are reaching our target audiences, and promoting organization activities
– Connecting with crop retailers, seed dealers and other industry stakeholders across Manitoba
– Interacting with industry and farmers to increase awareness and promote the MPSG research and production program
– Assisting with public and member outreach programs and event planning
The purpose of this position is to promote the activities of MPSG to industry partners, stakeholders, and farmers. This is a great opportunity for networking and building relationships within the agricultural industry. You will be part of a dynamic research and production team, and will gain knowledge in soybean production and research, and extension initiatives.
– The ideal candidate will be a 2nd, 3rd or 4th year student enrolled in an Agriculture degree or diploma program at a recognized post-secondary institution, preferably in the area of Agronomy, Business or Marketing
– Excellent verbal communication skills
– Motivated, self-starter with strong organization skills who can manage multiple tasks
– Key interests should include communication and networking
– Passion for agriculture and knowledge of crop production
– Valid Manitoba driver’s license
This is a 4 month summer position that will preferably be based in Carman, MB and will require extensive travel throughout Manitoba. For the right candidate, there is opportunity to be based out of another rural location. This position offers a competitive salary and a vehicle will be provided.
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Production Specialist, MPSG
Application Deadline: December 11, 2015
For more information about MPSG, please visit www.manitobapulse.ca