Attention Pulse and Soybean Farmers! MPSG presents regional, farmer-exclusive, Getting it Right Production Meetings. MPSG will be coming to you to cover topics relating to soybean and pulse agronomy and market issues.
Getting it Right is a series of half-day, farmer-focused events, equipping Manitoba’s soybean and pulse growers with the tools required to face production challenges and market access issues. Running from nine until noon, these events offer an opportunity for farmers to see where their MPSG research investments are going, while networking and receiving production support.
Three morning workshops available:
- February 28, 2019 Agenda – Stonewall – South Interlake Rockwood Ag Society (Highway 236 and Road 75 North)
- March 5, 2019 Agenda – Winkler – Days Inn Conference Centre (940 Navigator Road)
- March 7, 2019 Agenda – Boissevain – Sawmill Tea & Coffee Co.
- MPSG Research Update – Daryl Domitruk
- MPSG On-Farm Network Research Results – Greg Bartley
- Results from trials conducted on farms near you evaluating soybean seed treatments, seeding rates, fungicides and more
- Pest Considerations for Soybean Input Decisions – Cassandra Tkachuk
- A how-to on assessing pests to justify seed treatment and seeding rate decisions
- Peas as a (Re)emerging Crop in Manitoba – Bruce Brolley, Roquette
- Brush up on the latest developments in pea agronomy and hear more from Roquette on opportunities in Manitoba
- Soybean Seeding Decisions – Kristen MacMillan
- Soybean Cyst Nematode – Mario Tenuta
- NDSU Dry Bean Production Research Update – Greg Endres
This free event is open to Manitoba pulse and soybean farmers only. Farmers must be members in good standing with MPSG. Pre-registration is required.