Attention Pulse and Soybean Farmers! MPSG is excited to present its annual, farmer-exclusive, Getting it Right Production Meeting in 2023.
Getting it Right is a half-day, farmer-focused event, equipping Manitoba’s soybean and pulse growers with the tools required to face production challenges and market access issues. This event offers an opportunity for farmers to see where their MPSG research investments are going.
Getting it Right will be held in-person at the Canad-Inns, Portage la Prairie on March 8, 2023.
- 8:30 Registration Opens
- 9:00 Plenary from Daryl Domitruk, Executive Director, MPSG
- 9:30 Table Talks*
- 10:30 Coffee Break
- 10:45 Table Talks*
- 12:00 Lunch
- 1:00 Adjourn
*Table Talks are 25-minute, interactive sessions with expert researchers and extension specialists. Choose to attend four of the following:
- Soybean Yield Potential – Kristen MacMillan, University of Manitoba
- Intercrop Successes and Lessons – Scott Chalmers, Western Agricultural Diversification Organization (WADO)
- Improving and Measuring Soil Health – Steven Crittenden, AAFC-Brandon; John Heard and Marla Riekman, Manitoba Agriculture
- Choosing the Right Variety for Your Fields – Dennis Lange, Manitoba Agriculture
- On-Farm Network Results: Disease ID and Management – Laura Schmidt, Manitoba Pulse & Soybean Growers
- Insects of Concern in Soybeans and Pulses – John Gavloski, Manitoba Agriculture
- Weeds to Watch for and Managing Tough Weeds in Uncompetitive Crops – Kim Brown-Livingston, Manitoba Agriculture
- Pulse Grading with the Canadian Grain Commission – Evan Thomas and Chris Fleury, Canadian Grain Commission
2023 Getting It Right - RegistrationThis farmer-exclusive event is free for MPSG-farmer members to attend.
2022 Virtual Presentation:
2022 Presentation Quick Links:
- 0:00 Introduction & Welcome – Daryl Domitruk
- 16:35 Soybean Protein – Dr. James House
- 44:58 Delmar Commodities – Keith Friesen
- 1:10:29 Aphanomyces Root Rot and Peas – Dr. Syama Chatterton
- 1:41:39 Soybean Cyst Nematode – Dr. Mario Tenuta
- 2:16:37 MPSG’s On-Farm Network Hot Topics – Laura Schmidt
- Welcome – Cassandra Tkachuk
- Soybean Cyst Nematode Management – Dr. Seth Naeve
- Spring 2020: Soil Fertility in Saturated Soils – John Heard
- Addressing Market Access Barriers for Canadian Pulses – Mac Ross
- On-Farm Network Long-Term Research – Megan Bourns
2020 Table Talk Presentation Information*:
- Soybean Rolling
- Cover Cropping Options for Low Residue Crops
- Insects: 2019 Growing Season Review and Forecasting for 2020
- Wireworms and Seed Treatments in Soybeans
- Phytophthora and Fusarium Root Rots
- Managing Herbicide-Resistant Weeds
- Pea Agronomy and Opportunities
*Please note, due to the discussion-based, round-table style of Table Talks, slides are not directly available. Relevant information is available in the associated links.
- MPSG Research Update – Daryl Domitruk
- MPSG On-Farm Network Research Results – Greg Bartley
- Results from trials conducted on farms near you evaluating soybean seed treatments, seeding rates, fungicides and more
- Pest Considerations for Soybean Input Decisions – Cassandra Tkachuk
- A how-to on assessing pests to justify seed treatment and seeding rate decisions
- Peas as a (Re)emerging Crop in Manitoba – Bruce Brolley, Roquette
- Brush up on the latest developments in pea agronomy and hear more from Roquette on opportunities in Manitoba
- Soybean Seeding Decisions – Kristen MacMillan
- Soybean Cyst Nematode – Mario Tenuta
- NDSU Dry Bean Production Research Update – Greg Endres
This free event is open to Manitoba pulse and soybean farmers only. Farmers must be members in good standing with MPSG. Pre-registration is required.
You must be logged in to post a comment.