Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /srv/users/mpsg/apps/manitoba-pulse/public/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
Attention Pulse and Soybean Farmers! MPSG presents its annual, farmer-exclusive, Getting it Right Production Meeting.
Getting it Right is a full-day, farmer-focused event, equipping Manitoba’s soybean and pulse growers with the tools required to face production challenges and market access issues. This event offers an opportunity for farmers to see where their MPSG research investments are going, while networking and receiving production support.
Getting it Right was at the Canad Inns, Portage la Prairie, MB on January 29, 2020. View the full 2020 Agenda here.
- Welcome – Cassandra Tkachuk
- Soybean Cyst Nematode Management – Dr. Seth Naeve
- Spring 2020: Soil Fertility in Saturated Soils – John Heard
- Addressing Market Access Barriers for Canadian Pulses – Mac Ross
- On-Farm Network Long-Term Research – Megan Bourns
2020 Table Talk Presentation Information*:
- Soybean Rolling
- Cover Cropping Options for Low Residue Crops
- Insects: 2019 Growing Season Review and Forecasting for 2020
- Wireworms and Seed Treatments in Soybeans
- Phytophthora and Fusarium Root Rots
- Managing Herbicide-Resistant Weeds
- Pea Agronomy and Opportunities
*Please note, due to the discussion-based, round-table style of Table Talks, slides are not directly available. Relevant information is available in the associated links.
- MPSG Research Update – Daryl Domitruk
- MPSG On-Farm Network Research Results – Greg Bartley
- Results from trials conducted on farms near you evaluating soybean seed treatments, seeding rates, fungicides and more
- Pest Considerations for Soybean Input Decisions – Cassandra Tkachuk
- A how-to on assessing pests to justify seed treatment and seeding rate decisions
- Peas as a (Re)emerging Crop in Manitoba – Bruce Brolley, Roquette
- Brush up on the latest developments in pea agronomy and hear more from Roquette on opportunities in Manitoba
- Soybean Seeding Decisions – Kristen MacMillan
- Soybean Cyst Nematode – Mario Tenuta
- NDSU Dry Bean Production Research Update – Greg Endres
This free event is open to Manitoba pulse and soybean farmers only. Farmers must be members in good standing with MPSG. Pre-registration is required.