Attention Pulse and Soybean Farmers! MPSG presents the fourth annual, farmer-exclusive, Getting it Right Production Meeting held at the Victoria Inn Hotel, Brandon on January 30th, 2018. Pulse and soybean farmers interested in optimizing production through management practices should plan to attend this event. This full-day event will feature presentations on current pulse and soybean research and production issues from:
- Dr. Debra McLaren, Crop Production Pathologist, AAFC – Phytophthora root rot and management in soybeans
- Dr. Ivan Oresnik, Professor, Microbiology, U of M – Overwintering rhizobia in Manitoba soils
- Dr. Syama Chatterton, Research Scientist, AAFC – Aphanomyces root rot in peas
- Dr. Ramona Mohr, Research Scientist, AAFC – Residue management for soybean production
In addition, there will be afternoon workshop sessions and an end-of-conference networking session sponsored by Top Crop Manager.
Afternoon Table Talk sessions include:
- Iron Deficiency Chlorosis with Kristen MacMillan, U of M
- On-Farm Network results and discussion with Greg Bartley, MPSG
- Volunteer canola management with Charles Geddes, AAFC
- Faba bean agronomy with Chris Holzapfel, IHARF
- Seed mortality due to air seeder damage with Avery Simundsson, PAMI
- Strip tillage residue management with Yvonne Lawley, U of M
- Commodity group merger discussion with Toban Dyck and Francois Labelle, MPSG
This free event is open to Manitoba pulse and soybean farmers only. Farmers must be members in good standing with MPSG. Pre-registration is required. Register here!