Thank you for attending Crops-a-palooza on July 25, 2018 at the CMCDC in Portage la Prairie!
This interactive summer tour brought to you in collaboration with Manitoba Canola Growers, Manitoba Corn Growers, Manitoba Flax Growers, Manitoba Pulse & Soybean Growers, Manitoba Wheat and Barley Growers, National Sunflower Association of Canada and Manitoba Oat Growers.
Sixteen stations including:
- Crop Rotation: Managing Crop Diseases and Saving You Money – Holly Derksen (Manitoba Agriculture), Anastasia Kubinek (Manitoba Agriculture), Dan Orchard and Clint Jurke (Canola Council of Canada)
- Rational Aspects for Weed Management – Ian Epp (Canola Council of Canada), Rob Gulden (University of Manitoba), Jeanette Gaultier (BASF)
- Pollinators, Preditors and Prey – John Gavloski (Manitoba Agriculture), Jordan Bannerman (University of Manitoba)
- Power of Nitrogen – John Heard (Manitoba Agriculture), Amy Mangin, Don Flaten, Megan Bourns and Kristen MacMillan (University of Manitoba), Ray Dowbenko (Nutrien)
- Soybean Detective: Digging up answers to poor plant stand establishment – Cassandra Tkachuck and Laryssa Stevenson (Manitoba Pulse & Soybean Growers)
- Pushing Yields (Flax and Sunflowers) – Dane Froese (Manitoba Agriculture)
- Oats Disease Management – Jennifer Mitchell Fetch (AAFC Brandon)
- Harvest Management – Angela Brackenreed (Canola Council of Canada)
- Battling Sclerotinia – Nicole Philp (Canola Council of Canada), Laura Schmidt (Manitoba Pulse & Soybean Growers), Liz Kaprinchick and Jordan Kaprinchick (Tone Ag)
- Keep it Clean! – Canola Council of Canda, Cereals Canada and Pulse Canada
- What’s Your Grade? – Canadian Grains Commission
- Farm safety
- Soils: Tillage Erosion – Curtis Cavers (AAFC Portage), Marla Reikman (Manitoba Agriculture)
- Precision Ag Seeding – Autumn Barnes (Canola Council of Canada), Lorne Grieger (PAMI)
- Cooking with MB Crops! – Jennifer Dyck (Manitoba Canola Growers)
- Agriculture in the Classroom – Only running from 9:00 – 11:00 am
Participants will be given a site map and encouraged to explore the stations at their own pace.
Please be sure to where appropriate footwear based on the weather and cash to enjoy a variety of lunch food vendors.
Interested in sponsoring this event?
The sponsorship page may be found here.
Or for more information, please contact:
Manitoba Canola Growers