- 1 cup (250 mL) brown rice, rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 3 large plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 6 green onions
- 1 can (540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) ground cumin
- 3 cups (750 mL) baby arugula leaves
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) roasted pumpkin seeds or sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
Dressing: In bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
In saucepan, bring rice and 2 cups water to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until no liquid remains, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes; fluff with fork.
Meanwhile, in cast-iron or other heavy skillet, toast corn over high heat, shaking pan, until fragrant and charred, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.
In same skillet, cook tomatoes and onions, turning once, until softened and charred, about 3 minutes. Let cool on cutting board; cut into small chunks and add to bowl.
Add black beans, oregano and cumin to skillet; cook until beans are dry and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add to bowl. Stir in rice, arugula and pumpkin seeds.
Add dressing, feta cheese and cilantro; toss to coat.