On-Farm Network Protocols
Call for Farmers to Participate
There are a total of 10 trials available for farmers to participate in for 2017. Below are some of the 1-page protocols that describes how the research will be conducted, including what is expected of both the farmer and research partner.
Soybean On-Farm Trials
- Soybean potassium fertility trials
- Soybean seed treatment trials
- Soybean fungicide trials
- Soybean population trials in Western Manitoba
- Soybean inoculant trials in Eastern Manitoba
- Soybean inoculant trials in Western Manitoba
- Soygreen for iron deficiency chlorosis in soybean trials
- Soybean variety x landscape interaction trials
Pulse On-Farm Trials
- Dry bean fungicide trials
- Field pea fungicide trials
Things to keep in mind if you are thinking of participating
- Passion. It’s important that you are passionate about the research topic and producing true and reliable results for your farm and other soybean farmers in Manitoba.
- Patience. One of the goals of on-farm research is to make it minimum work farmers but a time commitment is involved.
- Precision technology. Farmers must be equipped with GPS and yield monitors and agree to carefully record field management i.e. where treatments were applied.
- Must be a member in good standing with MPSG.