On-Farm Network Protocols
Call for Farmers to Participate
There are a total of 9 trials available for farmers to participate in for 2017. Below are some of the 1-page protocols that describes how the research will be conducted, including what is expected of both the farmer and research partner.
If you are interested in participating in any of the trials, sign up at the On-Farm Network Trial Signup Page.
Soybean On-Farm Trials
- Soybean potassium fertility trials
- Soybean seed treatment trials
- Soybean fungicide trials
- Soybean population trials in Western Manitoba
- Soybean inoculant trials in Eastern Manitoba
- Soybean inoculant trials in Western Manitoba
- Soygreen for iron deficiency chlorosis in soybean trials
Pulse On-Farm Trials
- Dry bean fungicide trials
- Field pea fungicide trials
Things to keep in mind if you are thinking of participating
- Passion. It’s important that you are passionate about the research topic and producing true and reliable results for your farm and other soybean farmers in Manitoba.
- Patience. One of the goals of on-farm research is to make it minimum work farmers but a time commitment is involved.
- Precision technology. Farmers must be equipped with GPS and yield monitors and agree to carefully record field management i.e. where treatments were applied.
- Must be a member in good standing with MPSG.